Thursday, March 27, 2008

Puerto Rican Food: if you fry it they will come....

Ok, so I didn't take many pictures of the fried food since most of that was actually appetizers. But, I think the fried stuff was our favorite. We ended up having surullos alot, which are fried corn flour dumpling with sugar in them. Sometimes they have cheese in them too, so yummy!!! The first picture was our first meal on our trip (aside from at the airport). We ate at the pool bar and had steak churrasco with grilled potatoes and a salad with pickles in it. It was quite good. The next meal I documented was at the rehearsal lunch on Friday. We have awesome roasted ham with pineapple and it had tons on sweet and savory spices like cloves, cinnamon and star anise. We also had roast pork, rice and salad. The third picture is of my lunch at El Meson, which is the Puerto Rican equivalent of a Subway. I had ham and cheese on a sweet roll and some fried corn sticks. It was okay, but not my favorite meal. The last picture is of my final poolside meal of the very authentic hot dog.... hey at least I had a Pina Colada with it...

No comments: