Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A thoughtful day

These pictures are of Montgomery (Trawberry) and Max (Bucks). They are just two of the many cats that own my friend Colette, her mother and step-father.... I've been friends with Colette since high school and have always felt like another well-loved person in her large family. I was with Colette and her family today becuase last Thursday Colette's Nona passed away and today was the funeral. I spent a fair amount of time over Nona and Gi's house in high school and was definately one of the girls they spoiled rotten. I used to go over for Sunday dinner with Susan, Bob, Nicole, Richelle and Colette and we would tell stories about what stupid things happened to us during the week. To Nona we could do no wrong, we were perfect angels, all of us... and we would always leave her house stuffed silly and with leftovers because we were all wasting away. You gotta love any person who thought I of all people was wasting away...

The funeral today was very hard, however it is conforting to know that everyone has begun to heal some. We spent alot of time together today and talked about all the good memories of Nona and our other illustrious moments. The meal we had after the funeral was even remeniscent of Nona's typical Sunday dinners of roasted chicken, ziti with red sauce, and italian bread. As usual, I was induced to bring home enough food for Brian and I to eat for weeks despite my initial flat out refusal. I just love Colette's mom....

I think the events today were a very fitting way to celebrate Nona's life. We ate much, cried some, and probably laughed more than one ought on such a day... but I think she would have wanted it that way.

No comments: