Thursday, March 6, 2008

Duck, Duck, Goose!

So, to put it simply, today's foray into photography went much better than yesterday's. I drove to a park in Wellesley where I used to feed the ducks when I was a kid. Lo and behold, there were ducks! They were quite friendly too so I was able to get very close to them. This group came walking over as soon as I stepped out of my car!

This guy, while not the cutest out there just fascinates me. He reminds me of the ducks in Norton that I saw in college. Ugly as all hell, but quite amusing and social.
These two were originally sitting on a little island in the middle of the stream, but soon they decided to join the others over near me. I have a sneaking suspision they thought they would be fed.... funny thing huh? I'm always trying to take pictures of water and seem to have a hard time getting it to look right, but I think this one came out pretty well.
This guy was just so cute! I was able to frame him nicely with all the woodchips, trees and water behind him. I was actually quite shocked by how close these guys let me get. Some of them were by a little fence and they literally let me lean over it and get a few feet away with my camera. I could get close enough to use macro mode and get some good details like in the ugly duck picture. Overall, it was a fun shoot. I talked to the ducks (an interesting habit I tend to break out around all animals) and ended up being very cold, but after yesterday's lack of inspiration, this little trip was very fulfilling.

No comments: