Tuesday, March 18, 2008

One brain already on hiatus

This image might give you a clue of how well I was doing at work yesterday. My brain was already on vacation... In the morning I was talking to a co-worker and was manning the phones at the same time (as usual). I had made it so the main line would ring at a desk close to where I was so I wouldn't have to run all over the place for it, but it was far enough away that it took me a couple rings to answer. There were 5 or so calls that came in quick succession but every time I would try to pick it up the phone would beep at me like someone had already gotten the call. I was starting to get pissed because I kept on running to answer the phone only to have the call taken already. So after a few minutes I finally said "hell with this" and went back to my desk. I had an email from someone at Border St. asking that if there was something wrong with the phones today. Then it hit me.... every time I picked up the phone I had dialed the wrong thing and had actually hung up on 5+ callers!

So, there I was getting royally pissed off and I was the one screwing up... lol. HILARIOUS!!! The person who let me know about the phone problems and I had a good laugh over that one. After that I lightened up alot.... and the day went by much more smoothly.

No comments: