So, I started a new and fun project and it's actually for me!!! Yeay :D I picked up some gloriously squishy Madelinetosh Tosh DK when I was up in Maine back in July and really had no ideas of what to make with it until I came across the Elegant Alpaca Fingerless Gloves pattern on Ravelry (link to pattern below). You can also download the pattern at the Cascade Yarns webpage if you don't have access to Ravelry.
I had a bit of time to myself last night, so I decided to cast these babies on. For one night's work I actually got pretty far. I did make some changes to the pattern to ensure that the gloves fit me properly. This patten makes gloves that go up to the upper arm and since I have a lovely pair of chunky upper arms (grrrr), I decided to increase the starting stitch count to 68 from the original 56. I just had a feeling that casting on only 56 stitches would cause me much misery and frogging... Because of this alteration I will most likely have to do more decreasing as I work down the arm since in comparison to my large upper arms, my wrists are decidedly tiny (again, grrr). I'm going to have to just make alterations as I go to make sure of a good fit. It should be a nice little challege withou being too difficult. I think I can handle it :)