Saturday, January 17, 2009

great new yarn! drool...

So, Tara and I went out in search of two local yarn shops yesterday. It's so nice to have a friend who is into knitting as well. The first place (which I forget the name of) was in Sturbridge (I think) and while there I finally found the yarn I am going to my my own hat and scarf out of. May I present: Trabajos del Peru - a %100 Extra Fine Merino Wool by Plymouth Yarn.

Isn't it just gorgeous?! I'm such a sucker for mixed color yarns, especially when they are this beautiful. So the patterns I am using are Scrunchable Hat by Jennifer Eastbergand Scrunchable Scarf by Susan McConne that can be found on Ravelry. I think I am going to start the hat today since I am so excited about finally picking out my yarn.

It's supposed to snow most of the day tomorrow and Brian is at work, so hopefully I'll be able to finish up the knitting on the bear so all I have to do it sew it together and embroider the face (shudder). That part of things isgoing to be very interesting....

No comments: