Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tour de Fleece Update - Day 15 - Drooling Over Merino



Not too much to report here.  I haven't had much time to spin for the last few days, but I did manage to mostly finish the second bobbin of my beautiful red merino today.  Hopefully I will be able to get the last bobbin done tomorrow and then will be able to ply up my first non-Navajo plied three ply yarn as well.  Very excited.

I also managed to get another repeat done on my Mystery Summer Wrap today, but that is about it since I had a really big to do list for the day.  Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

In other news, my cherry tomato crop is officially insane!  In the past few days, I've harvested 20+ little tomato-lings.  So, in an effort to use up said produce, I actually cooked today (Brian, try not to keel over when you read that).  I just have so many of the little fruits and I felt like pasta, so I made myself a small amount of tomato sauce.  Well, it was actually more like a tomato compote because it was so think in the end, but it was extremely yummy.

I will make sure to share my basic recipe in the next few days.  I don't really do the measuring thing, so everything will be a guestimate.  Well, I'm off to retrieve laundry and attempt to find my bed under all the stuff that needs folding.  Ta!

No comments: