Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ravelympics Update: Days 9, 10 and 11



Days 9, 10, and 11
Over the weekend and today I really accomplished a lot. On Saturday I finished the last two inches of stockinette on the body of the cardigan before starting the short rows for shaping the bust.
(88 rows completed).  

Then on Sunday I worked the short rows and then continued with stockinette until the side of the cardigan measured 16 inches.  I was able to get so much done on Sunday because Tara and I had a knitting play date and really focused of our projects.  
(103 rows completed, main body of cardigan completed for the moment)

Today I didn't have a whole lot of time, but I did get started on the first sleeve this evening and managed 3 repeat of the 4 row cable pattern.  The sleeves (obviously being smaller) should go much faster for me, so I'm hoping to really pick up the pace and hopefully finish by Sunday night.  I have my fiber group tomorrow and an early Ravelympics cast off party on Friday, so I know I'll have plenty of encouragement to keep working hard.
(12 sleeve rows completed)

No comments: