Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ravelympics Update: Days 14, 15, 16 & 17


So, seeing as it is the last day of the Olympics and I am still missing 1/4 of my cardigan, there is absolutely no way I'm going to finish.  But that is okay.  I have worked very hard on it and have accomplished a lot in a very short time period.  I'm thinking I can finish it up in a week or so at a more leisurely pace.  

At this point I've lost count of how many rows I've done other than knowing that I completed the one row that attached the two sleeves and the main body of the cardigan together.  While this is sooo exciting for me, it also has a bit of a downside: This cardigan is a beast!  It is very hard to keep the whole thing on my lap when I'm knitting, so I've made the decision to only work on it at home (and at knitting night - duh!).  I'm really afraid to drag it all over the place in the state it is in (barely attached and wanting to fall off the needles) for fear of an unintentional frogging disaster.

Anyway, I'll keep posting on my progress and hopefully quite soon you will see me wear this beauty in person!

3 comments:

Bahston Beans said...

Wow! I can't believe how far you are!

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful. You will so enjoy it when you finish. Take a deep breath tonight and don't think about the sweater until after Friday!
Janet

jjphotoFTW said...

Yeah, I'm not touching it tonight. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to go to knitting night and work on it and relax with my knitting peeps. After Wwed. things should settle down a lot for me anyway, so after that I'll be able to focus on the cardigan again and enjoy it.