Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Light Tent Shenanigans

The past few days I have found some time to set up an play with the light tent setup I got for Christmas this year.  I had found this handy kit up on Amazon and it included a light tent, a set of two lights, a tabletop tripod and 4 different colored backdrops and threw it up on my wish list.


Now, I know what you are thinking... what's so special about having a light tent?  Well, it basically gives you a small environment that you are in complete control of.  For example, you know when you see those commercials on tv or see things for sale online and they seem to be just floating on a set of one color?  Well, that is called an infinity set and this setup allows you create that backdrop for small items like Brian's minis or my yarn and knitted projects.  I though this would be a great way for me to document my yarn habit as well as anything else small that gets my attention.  And with my penchant for macro photography, I think the tent will get a fair bit of use. 

If you want to see some of the recent photographs I've taken with the aid of the light tent including one of the lovely skein of yarn in the above photo, check out the following links to my Project 365 Blog - My Year Through the Lens:

No comments: