Sunday, January 3, 2010

SelfKniMo Project #1: The Gathered Scarf



So, I have begun the first project of SelfKniMo, my Gathered Scarf made with Malabrigo Sock in the colorway Indecieta.  It's a really easy pattern to knit up and a free one as well (as per usual for me).  I didn't realize it until today, but it turns out that the person who created the pattern, Maryse, was in my Photography for Knitters class taught by Gail Zucker (of the She Shoots Sheep Shots blog) back in in September.  So, thanks Maryse for this great pattern!

I'm most of the way through the third of a half a million repeats, but it goes quickly and is a pretty good project for tv watching as it doesn't require you pay too much attention.  This is the first project of a scarf, hat and mitts set I'm making for myself out of sock yarn.  I think I'm going to be very happy with the set when I'm done.  Anyway, I'm going back to enjoying the last day of my mini vacation before I head back to work in the morning.  Ta!

2 comments:

Bahston Beans said...

Those colors are gorgeous!

jjphotoFTW said...

I thought so too. I'm also going to make a beret and gloves in a dark purple to match the scarf. i'm very excited!