Saturday, January 23, 2010

Beanie Brim Cap

So, I've had a bit of a chance to learn some basic crochet stitches over the past few weeks and one night this week I decided to make a cute brimmed cap I found on Ravelry.  So, I sat down, did a few rounds, messed up, ripped them out, started again... and a few hours later I had this little hat made for myself. 

It actually wasn't all that hard.  And I must say that I'm so glad I learned how to knit first, because corcheting this was so quick and easy in comparison to knitting something similar, that if I had started out crocheting I might not have ever learned to knit. 

Sorry there haven't been many posts lately, my computer decided it needed a break and just shut down on me and wouldn't restart on MLK day :(  Since then, I've been working from Brian's rig, but it's not ideal.  I much prefer my setup so I don't spend much time on the computer at home right now.  Hopefully my machine will get fixed soon and I will return to my regular posting schedule.  Until then, check out my project 365 blog if you haven't already.  I'm posting there every day no matter what.  I have a couple more posts to do here in the next few days if I can stand to continue working in these inferior conditions, lol.

2 comments:

Bahston Beans said...

Awesome hat! I can't believe you made that!

jjphotoFTW said...

Thanks! Didn't have as much luck with a more recent project. Had to rip it all out. Oh well...