Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Look, She Can Cook!

Hubbie and I decided to have a nice quiet Valentine's day this year.  Not that we normally do anything extravagant or outrageous in any way... we just didn't want to add to the already large crowds seeking out a romantic dinner at the handful of romantic local restaurants.  Instead I said I would just make us a nice dinner at home.  You see, my poor husband suffers from the fact that I don't cook for him all that often.  While I can cook just fine... he is generally the one who sees to our daily sustenance.  So, since I generally get home at least 2 whole hours before him, I thought it would be a change for me to give him a it of a treat.  


I made us a nice big lasagna, salad, garlic bread and a new recipe I had been wanting to try out: Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Bacon.  Oh my gosh.... those sprouts were so stinking good.  Ok, I thought they were good.  Brian reaffirmed the fact that he hated them.  Oh well, more for me!  

I was originally going to make us dessert as well, but were were both way too full to even contemplate the idea.  Instead we both nibbled on the chocolate covered strawberries and apples we had delivered to each other at work earlier in the day.  It's so nice coming back to your desk to see a little note saying that a package was waiting for you in the fridge.  Now I like chocolate covered strawberries, don't get me wrong, but really, the best are those amazing chocolate dipped granny smith apple slices.  

Now that I think about it, I can't believe hubbie actually remembered I liked those since I've only had them one other time.  Drool....  on that note, off to the fridge to show the last one who's boss.  Bye!

No comments: