Friday, June 27, 2008

OMG Downpour!

Today at work, we had a pretty serious thunderstorm as well as a lovely power outage to deal with. Lately we have been having quite a few storms in the area. Come to think of it, I don't remember a stormier summer than this one.... but I digress. After the power came back on a co-worker and I had to go out and do a deposit. So, I walked outside to 1.5 feet of water in the street. Now, this wasn't really a problem for us, since we didn't have to go that way, but apparently this was no first-time occurance. I guess it has happened so often that one of the men from the dump across the street rides a contruction vehicle out into the temporary lagoon wielding only a broom handle to unclog the street drain now blocked with garbage. I couldn't resist snapping a picture of this guy.... he was very funny and even asked if his picture would be in the paper. I informed him that sadly I was not that important, but he would be on my blog! :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: