Saturday, July 16, 2011

Tour de Fleece Update - Day 15


So far I'm cruising along nicely with all my spinning.  In the first 15 days of the tour I have three completed skeins.  You can see them below nestled in with my thyme plants.  As an added bonus they now smell of the heavenly scent of thyme (one of my favorites).


From left to right they skeins are: 
  • 154 yards of Navajo plied Merino with Bamboo Rayon by Spunky Eclectic
  • 166 yards of a two ply Cormo wool by Foxhill Farms
  • 200+ yard (I forgot to write it down!!!!) single of Superwash Merino by Mad Color Fiber arts
Not too shabby for 15 days!  I have also been using my drop spindle when I am out and about and on that is some 100% Maine Wool by Nor'east Star.  I worked on that last night at a car show at Kimball Farm in Lancaster, MA while spending time with my parents and their 1962 Oldsmobile Starfire, which also made a lovely backdrop for my yarn :)


Next I am starting on another braid of fiber I got during my visit to the Spunky Eclectic shop in Maine.  It is a blend of Merino and Cashmere and the colors progress slowly throughout the fiber.  I plan to Navajo ply it to keep those colors true since I've never tried that before.  It should produce a yarn with long sections of each color.


Well, I think that all the update I have for now.  I'm off to Salem this afternoon and before that I have some cucumber salad to make for tomorrow's cookout with the FiberKnots.  Lots to do, lots to do :)  Hopefully I'll gets some nice pics of both outings to share on the blog.  Until then... I'm off!

1 comment:

Nancy McCarroll said...

Nice job! Great colors. I like that you used the red car as a background. Does the scent of thyme last very long...no, surely not. But another great idea!