Now I don't get to the beach much, but I definately associate certain songs that I love with both the beach and summer. These ten songs are some that frequent my iPod in the summer months and have this strange ability to crank up the volume and open all my car windows.... bizarre huh?
1) Kokomo by the Beach Boys - Classic song that I listened to a ton in middle school.
2) La Isla Bonita by Madonna - Addictive as most Madonna songs are.
3) Summer Nights by the cast from Grease - It's amazing just how differently boys and girls intepret relationships :)
4) Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves - So positive and happy sounding that is gives you energy!
5) Daydream Believer by the Monkees - Gotta love the Monkees.... you just gotta.
6) I Get Around by The Beach Boys - Love love love this song, another one that is really peppy and energizes you. Not to mention it is in Flight of the Navigator :)
7) Summer of '69 by Brian Adams - Ah, good old Bryan Adams, what would I have done in middle school without you?
8) Summer in the City by Lovin' Spoonful - I love to listen to this one in my car on the first hot day of summer. It's kind of a tradition for me.
9) Life is a Highway by Tom Cochrane - Hmmmm, many of these songs seem to be about traveling. I have always been a roadtripper, so I guess that makes sense.
10) Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole' - This song is just so mellow and relaxing... I'll let it speak for itself.