Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ten on Tuesday: 10 Favorite One Hit Wonders


Apparently there were quite a few one hit wonders in the 90's!  All of my favorites are from then, which I guess makes sense as that when I was in middle and high school, my musical formulative years so to speak.  And just so you know, I still adore all of these songs.... no matter how bad they might sound.  All the links go directly to a video of the song on YouTube, so feel free to listen to each.


1) Walking in Memphis - Mark Cohn

2) Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane

3) Stay - Shakespeare's Sister

4) I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers

5) Breakfast at Tiffany's - Deep Blue Something

6) The Freshman - The Verve Pipe

7) Bittersweet Symphony -The Verve

8) Closing Time - Semisonic

9) Mambo No. 5 - Lou Bega

10) Three Little Pigs - Green Jelly


Well, that was a fun jaunt down memory lane.  I think I might have to make a new playlist in iTunes now!

3 comments:

Nancy McCarroll said...

Just listened to the Verve via your link. Good idea on posting those YouTube videos.

jjphotoFTW said...

YouTube is king for blogging, I love it so very much! It was really fun remembering all these songs I adored so much 15+ years ago... shudder.

Nancy McCarroll said...

Yes, I LUV Ann Taintor!!