Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mystery Bag KAL Clue #2 Update

On Monday night we got our second clue for making our mystery bag for the KAL.  We managed to wring the clue out of Talithakuomi (our intrepid KAL leader) a day early due to some quite impressive bribery through poetry.  I decided to submit a haiku contribution:

Our hands lay dormant
Itching for inspiration
Your post holds the key

With that and several other fine specimen of silliness, we received our next clue and I started knitting away.  Here is my progress as of Tuesday night at my knit night.  I amazingly got a lot done which is shocking since my knitting group is a bunch of gabbers who are prone to distracting fits of laughter.  So, getting anything done at knit night is truly a miracle.  That being said, the ladies in my knitting group are da bomb!  I wouldn't spend my Tuesday night's anywhere else.   

As I am working through this KAL and we keep on getting clues I've realized something...   for the life of me I can't figure out how this is going to turn into a bag!  Tal has done a wonderful job being our constant clue support and has been spending a lot of time on the discussion boards keeping everyone happy, answering questions and causing giggles.  She has also been able to keep us all guessing this the order of her clues.  We keep on guessing that it's really a sundress or a hat or something else ridiculous.  

I have to say that doing this KAL has been a wonderful experience thus far and I'm really hoping to do more of them in the future.  Ok, too much typing and not enough knitting!  I have a long way to go before we get our final clue on Tuesday (or will it be Monday?). 

No comments: