Thursday, January 20, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

A very sweet and considerate fellow blogger recently awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award as one of the 15 bloggers that she likes.  Thank you very much Julie, for passing the award my way.  It was so sweet and thoughtful!  Please make sure to check out her blog, Twisted Strands, and see what she has been up to.  Like her, I always wonder if anyone reads my blog, so it was such a treat to hear from her and have her share her blog with me.

There are two things I have to do to accept this award.  I have to tell you 7 things about myself, so here goes!
  1. I am an third generation only child on my mom's side of the family.
  2. I have been known to blast my favorite movie scores at full volume in the car.  Music geek :P
  3. I tweet, but honestly, I really don't get the point of the whole hashtag thing.  It's fun reading people's updates, but it pretty much ends there for me.
  4. I don't like reality tv, but for some reason I adore Food Network's Worst Cooks in America show.
  5. I was a major tomboy growing up and pink was definitely a four letter word in more ways than the obvious.  Today its presence in my life and wardrobe no longer incites mental rioting requiring containment.
  6. I have a very hard time being stuck in traffic and would almost rather drive 40 miles out of my way just to keep moving.  This winter has not been kind to my commuter nerves.
  7. I love taking photographs in natural light.  It lends so much warmth and life to my photos. 

Also, I am supposed to pass the Stylish Blogger Award on to other fellow bloggers.  I decided to pass the award along to a few that I particularly enjoy.  While I do read quite a few blogs, I think these seven are really the ones that I look forward to reading the most when I see a new post pop up on google reader: 

bag 'n' trash - Maryse has gorgeous photography on her blog and she is so stinking talented too!

{creative chick} - Jenn is very crafty lady and in real life I take card making classes with her.  Check out her blog to get inspired!

Knitting to Stay Sane - Glenna is a knitter and knitting pattern designer.  She has beautiful patterns for sale and even lets us get some of them free.  One of my favorites is her Podster Gloves which are a set of fingerless mitts that have a mitten flap and a special flap section on the thumb so you can still use your iPod touch or iPhone.  Very cool!

Planet June - June is another favorite designer of mine, but she designs for crochet.  Her blogs post feature her new designs and other neat products and projects she is working on.  Her patterns are very easy to follow and she also has great crochet tutorials.  She also offers quite a few free patterns for us crocheters on a tight budget, however her for sale patterns are very reasonable and worth every penny.

Knitting a Baby - Melissa is blogging about her first pregnancy and about all the things she is doing in her life to prepare for baby.  I love the way she writes and she shares all sorts of neat projects she is working on.
Jane Deere - Jennifer shares great recipes along with beautiful photographs of the cooking process.  Yum!

she shoots sheep shots - Gale shares her life as a knitter and professional photographer on her blog.  Her photography and projects are amazing.  I actually only started reading her blog after I took a really cool Photography for Knitters day class she taught.  You can see my blog post about the class by clicking here.

So, congratulations ladies on a job well done.  And keep on sharing!  I hope you enjoy reading these blogs as much as I do!  I think it's time for me to turn in, or maybe knit some more, lol.  Good night all!

No comments: