Sunday, April 26, 2009

Yeay for spring.... or is it really summer?

So, now that it's spring and there are green things again, I finally have been getting back into photography. I took these two photos in between doing bits of yard work with a group of volunteers at one of our groups homes.

I couldn't believe just how warm it was today. My car said 88 once the thermometer settled down from being in direct sunlight for an afternoon. I must admit, while the heat is generally welcome, I wasn't so happy about it showing up today. We were all very warm and despite using my SPF 70, I still got a bit of a burn.

But... the flowers are planted and the the yard is cleaned up, so overall I'm pretty happy. I rewarded myself with a DD iced coffee for a good afternoon's work. Then I promptly took a nice long shower and a rather long-ish nap as well. I've been remarkably lazy since getting home and at the moment I'm reveling in the lovely cool breeze coming through our office windows. Ah.... contentment!

No comments: