Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ten on Tuesday: 10 Favorite Children’s Books

This is gonna be so much fun!
1) Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
2) A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein - I adored all of his wonderful poetry books!
3) Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss - duh!

4) Lizard Music by Daniel Pinkwater - I remember loving this book when I was a kid.  Apparently I acquired my love of sci-fi at a young age :-)

5) The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

6) Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst

7) Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett - Too cool for words and now it's even an animated movie!

8) Any of the Berenstain Bears books by Stan Berenstain - They are all funny and I remember them all.

9) Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish

10) The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks - I believe I read this in 5th grade for school and loved it enough to read the rest in the series.

So.... it's usually really hard for me to come up with 10 things for these posts, but favorite children's books are apparently easy for me to remember and I enjoy the trip down memory lane, so.... I'm going to keep going!

11) Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell

12) A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

13) Bunnicula by James Howe - Vampire bunny goodness.  Another trend that started early with me.

14) Charlotte's Web by E. B. White

15) Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey

Ok, I think that's it for now.  Give me enough time and I could probably list everything I read as a kid! lol

No comments: