So, without further ado, here is my first 10 on Tuesday List:
10 Ways to Waste Time on the Internet
- Visit Ravelry - this site has tons of free knitting and crochet patterns as well as ones to buy, great and informative forums and groups, and lets you see other raveler's completed projects. All you have to do is sign up (it's free) and wait a few days to get your login info.
- Catch up on your backlog of blog reading using Google Reader - I read over 20 different blogs and would never be able to keep up with them unless I used Google Reader to make sure I don't miss a new post.
- Surf YouTube for new video wonders - One of the more recent gems of YouTube has to be 'A Glorious Dawn' by Carl Sagan featuring Stephen Hawking which was made by using segments from the show Cosmos. Everyone I have shared this video with has just loved it. You can see the music video below:
- Watch movies and TV shows Instantly on Netflix - I just LOVE the new watch instantly feature on Netflix. While you don't have access to everything the services offers, there is quite a bit of selection from tv shows to older movies and even documentaries. Most recently I've watched: Shelley Duvall's Faerie Tale Theatre (brings me right back to when I was a kid), My Name is Bruce, A Walk in the Clouds, and The Muppets Take Manhattan.
- Download and listen to podcasts through iTunes - I have a few podcasts I listen to regularly and have found new ones to check out by just searching in the iTunes store for a certain subject. You can see ratings for each podcast and how often they are posted, so really, it doesn't hurt to just download something that looks interesting and check it out. The worst case scenario is that you hate it and have to press the delete button. Some good podcasts I listen to are: The Instance, AppSlappy, ExtraLife Radio, Film Sack, The Gearheart, Ready Set Knit, and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me!
- Play Farm Town, Island Paradise or any other of a host of Facebook games - Farm Town and I had to have some parting words. I was wasting WAY to much time planting and harvesting crops.... I haven't gotten into Island Paradise that much yet, but that is probably a good thing.
- Facebook Quizzes - I swear I could do these all day! I'm not going to link to any, but you too can find out what kind of muppet you are!
- Update your Amazon Wish List - the holidays are coming and family and friends want to know what you want. This is one of the best ways to make shopping easy for them.
- Edit and Upload all your digital photos onto Picasa for all your friends to see. Another good option for both online editing and storage of pictures is Flickr.
- Get cracking on all those Blog Posts you meant to put up from things you did weeks ago. What makes you think I'm talking about me here?