Tuesday, November 17, 2009

10 Things I Wish I Knew How to Do

This list ranges from the altogether easy to downright science fiction. I figured I would go whole hog with it:
  1. Crochet - This is well within the realm of attainable. Especially since my self imposed ban on learning it to keep myself knitting for a year will end on December 31st 2009.

  2. Create my Own Blog Template -I am so sick of the templates available in blogger, I just want to make my own, but don't really know how to begin. I'm sure I could do it, it would just take me awhile. For some reason I've always had trouble designing things for myself, yet have no problem doing so for others.

  3. Dance - Now, I'm not saying I would be all that good at it, but I think if my husband and I took some lessons, dancing could really be fun.

  4. Speak another language fluently -I took about 7 years of Spanish while in school and actually could speak rather well in the most recent years of my study. Now since I don't actually have anyone to practice speaking it with consistently, my mastery of the language has returned to it's infant stages and really I'm only good at translating the gist of text now. So sad...

  5. Finish my Medieval Hooded Scarf - This was my first lace project and so far it has only been successful at being ripped out multiple times. It is currently waiting for me to rip it all out and start again. This wouldn't be so painful if the scarf wasn't knitted lengthwise and happened to be 530 stitches long :-/ I so want to make this scarf to wear at King Richard's fair next year, but I don't know if I have the strength or the skill to figure out the pattern and execute it perfectly. This is especially difficult since I think the pattern is wrong at the end of every row. Sigh... maybe after Christmas I'll begin again.

  6. Role Play - Despite my enjoyment of role playing and the fact that my husband is so good at it I thought it might just rub off on me, I am a terrible role player. Anyone that can create a character and manage to act like that character has a skill that seems beyond my grasp.

  7. Hang Glide - I've had a thing for flying ever since I was a kid. The zip line at camp was always the coolest thing ever and I swear I could have ridden that thing all day. Being able to hang glide would be the closest I could get to flying without being in a plane or helicopter and it would be truly glorious!

  8. Sleep less - There always seems to be so much that I want to do and just not enough time to do it all in. Maybe if I didn't have to sleep?

  9. Teleport - My commute stinks and it would be way easier if I could teleport to see all the people I know in Florida, North Carolina and Texas :-)

  10. Spontaneously break into choreographed dance in the middle of a busy train station - the video says it all...

6 comments:

erinlesko said...

I'm with on just about all of those...

Unknown said...

I want to learn how to do # 3, 6, 9, and 10. That video is awesome and leet.

Hell to the no! said...

If I looked up and randomly saw your ass hangliding over me, I'd be a little freaked...

jjphotoFTW said...

Your confidence in my latent hang gliding abilities is astounding... and if it was just my butt hang gliding I would be a little unnerved as well. I'll make sure to aim for your apartment :P

Coco de Mer said...

Jokes on you - the Chateau D'Elegance has an advanced hangliding shield.

jjphotoFTW said...

Curses! Foiled again...