Monday, August 15, 2011

The "I Must Be Crazy" Lacy Simple Scarf Update


So, after working on this scarf for about two weeks now, I am happy to report that I have not yet gone crazy and I have actually made some very good progress!  Through the prodigious use of lifelines at the beginning of each panel of lace (and in some cases, many, many more) I am almost complete with the first half of the scarf and very happy with how it is turning out.  I just have the last lace section to go before binding off.  Then I get to do the whole thing over again. Sigh... did I mention how much I hate knitting the same thing twice?


I've mostly been knitting the scarf during lunch breaks or before work with the occasional long stretch at knit night or at home on a weekend.  I find I can listen to tv when I work on it, but not very closely, so Food Network or HGTV is my background noise of choice.  I'm making this scarf for charity, so I do have a bit of a deadline and some stress about doing a good job knitting it.  I think I can get it done in time though... as long as I don't get distracted by something else for too long.  I think you might know just how easily I can get distracted by other projects.


In a frenzy to take a nice picture of my progress when it's been raining pretty much for two days, I went to a local coffee shop after work today and plunked myself down in a chair to knit and enjoy an iced coffee.   Ok... I got some quiche too, but don't tell anyone ok?  It's a secret!  I'm supposed to be behaving myself :)   On that note, I think it might be time to make some dinner, so I guess I'll finally stop chattering and show you what the completed section of the scarf looks like.  Until next time!



4 comments:

Spring said...

Oh my god, that's so gorgeous. And that yarn...even my husband was impressed.

jjphotoFTW said...

Awww, thanks so much! It's really not hard, just demanding in time and concentration :)The yarn is Filatura di Crosa Superior and is a blend of cashmere and silk. Definitely drool worthy!

Nancy McCarroll said...

That is so beautiful and looks very complicated. As always, both the knitting techniques and photography are beautiful.

jjphotoFTW said...

Thanks for your kind words Nancy. I really think that anyone can do lace as long as they take it one stitch at a time. I heard a podcaster I listen to say that recently and I thought it summed up my sentiments exactly. No one stitch is hard, lace just looks daunting when you put them all together.