Thursday, July 9, 2009

The rain finally stopped long enough...

...for me to finally get some nice pictures of some flora. I took these at the Mass Horticultural Society Elm Bank Car Show on June 28th. I have gone to this show with my Mom, Dad, and Brian for the past few years to celebrate Father's Day with my Dad, who is a 1960' Oldsmobile nut.
















My Dad owns several Oldsmobiles including at 1935 F35 5 passenger Coupe Street Rod with some mighty interesting extras. You can see all the Olds cars he has ever owned at his site www.teds-olds.com
















Dad has bought and sold several since he got into his 1960's Oldsmobile habit back when I was in high school. I can't ever seem to keep track of them all, but the ones that stick for me are the first one he worked on (with a little bit of my help), which was the white 1963 Oldsmobile Starfire Holiday Coupe and the first one he let me drive, the 1965 Cutlass Holiday Coupe (my baby).
















I LOOOOOOOOVED the Cutlass and frequently give Dad lots of grief over him having sold it. To this day I have the sign he had made for the Cutlass when he brought it to shows and a mug from Zazzle (I think) with its lovely visage. You may laugh that I'm so attached to a car, especially since I am not really a car person, but Dad trusted me to drive this car and it was the first antique car I had ever driven. I was so petrified that I would run it into something. One time I followed him over to a car show (I believe the first day I drove it) and he decided to floor it in his car so I would have room and could open up the Cutlass to see what she had in her. I just didn't dare. I just kept driving at my sedate pace down 109, enjoying the ride.
















Wow, that was a tangent.... anyway, back to the Elm Bank Car Show. Now, I know it's odd that I took pictures of flowers at a car show, but I was so happy there was sun out and I could take pictures that I couldn't force myself to focus on the cars. After we feasted on our Father's Day picnic (kind of a Loranz family tradition even though it wasn't the actual day), I focused on taking as many pics of the gardens on the grounds as possible. I mean, who knew when we would next see sun, or at least have a non-rain filled day, so I took advantage of the natural beauty that was the backdrop to all the old cars with their own man-made beauty.







No comments: