Thursday, February 28, 2008

Stone walls aplenty and remembering the fight

I finally was able to investigate the park along the road to the mall today and found some pretty neat things. First there was this neat typical New England stone wall and then a huge stone bridge built in honor of those from Hudson who fought and have given or will give their lives for this country. I couldn't get a good picture of the bridge because there was too many tree branches drooping in front of it, but the plaque was really memorable.

Hopefully I'll be able to go back to the park in the spring/summer and get some better shots of the bridge itself then. I think having a memorial bridge like that really helps to give a town a sense if it's history and show people how even home towns have played an important part in establishing our freedom as a country...

Well, I certainly have veered off topic haven't I? Back to talking about the park and the fact that the sky was really beautiful today. For the first time in days it was blue instead of that nasty greyish haze color, so I tried to take advantage of it by silhouetting this tree against it.

I also really liked how the treeline and sky were reflected in the water in this third shot. It's overexposed in places, but I still really liked how the water eachoed and deepened all the colors in the sky.

No comments: