This is a recipe I adapted from 5 ingredient a slow-cooker cookbook my mom got me. We have been using our crockpot once or twice a week lately. I just love being able to make a simple dinner on Sundays in it as well as making my lunches for a week. Apparently we are dragging out all the kitchen appliances we haven't used in a while becuase we also dug our the bread machine and were madly driving to the store to buy the ingredients for spice bread, which I served alongside the chowder.
1 lb frozen cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 22oz bag of frozen o'brien potatoes
1/2 of a 16 ounce container of sour cream
1 bag of frozen corn (as little or as much as you would like)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or cream of whatever you like)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp salt
5-6 grinds of black pepper
1) Set the shrimp aside to thaw.
2) Add all the other ingredients into crock pot and mix together well.
3) Set crock pot for 6 hour setting and let cook, stirring every hour or so.
4) After the six hours of cooking, add the peeled shrimp to the crockpot, stir well, replace cover and let sit for 5-10 minutes (this is just to warm the shrimp through).
5) Season with more salt and pepper as needed.
Serve with crusty bread of oyster crackers.
I hope you try it out! It works very will with diced chicken as well.